Prior to joining the Fahrenheit Group:
- John served as CFO for Virginia Web Properties LLC, a private company that owns the domain Job.Com, a fast growing career portal on the internet. During his time there, he reported to the founder to create a succession plan and manage the financial infrastructure.
- Served as CFO for Roper Brothers Lumber Company, Inc., a top 50 regional supplier of building products. There he refinanced the bank debt as the Company was in default with its lender. As the housing industry evaporated and demand for building products dried up, he was retained as Trustee to liquidate the Company in Chapter 11 proceedings.
- John served as CFO for Interactive Financial Marketing Group LLC, a private Company which owned the domain Carloan.com. There he created a succession plan for family-owned business and provided leadership in the sale of the Company.
- Served as Chief Administrative Officer for Lumber Liquidators, Inc., a national retailer during the early-growth phase of the business. There he developed the organizational infrastructure to support growth from $62 million to $300 million plus. While there, he was instrumental in bringing in a private equity firm to support growth, along with establishing HR policy and benefit administration infrastructure.
- Served as President and COO to two private wholesale distributors in the HVAC industry where he successfully operated both and sold one to a NYSE company and ESOP the other to purchase out shareholders and investors.
- Earlier in John’s career, he served as Controller for a bank-owned equipment leasing company. He was a Supervisor for Coopers & Lybrand and Senior Manager with Touche Ross where he participated in both tax and audit work and ultimately became a Certified Public Accountant.
Mr. Kauzlarich holds a BS Business Administration, Magna Cum Laude, from Old Dominion University. He is a certified public accountant (CPA) licensed in Virginia. He is a member of both the American Institute of CPA’s and the Virginia Society of CPA’s.