Ann is an experienced financial executive who acts as a business partner to CEOs, offering a passion for business and strategy, coupled with strong financial planning, technical accounting and legal skills. Ann has been instrumental in positioning, negotiating and execution of fundraising, acquisitions, and bank financing transactions.
Due to her focus on high-growth companies, Ann is adept at creating order out of disorder, establishment of practical, common sense processes and internal controls, and developing lean, effective teams that meet current and anticipated organizational needs. She operates effectively at both strategic and tactical levels. Ann’s experience includes systems implementations, risk management, and human resource and benefits plan management.
Ann has also been the finance executive for a 600-person company operating on four continents, where she was instrumental in the due diligence, negotiation and execution of two acquisitions, the refinance of a bank loan and significant growth in systems and finance infrastructure. Previously, she led accounting and finance for a VC-backed, 200-person government contractor/software product company. Ann’s career includes serving as a financial executive for an airline from start up to $175M in revenues. Additionally, she has a long history of consulting for small to large organizations having started her career in the emerging business audit division of Arthur Andersen.
- Budgeting, forecasting, and cash management
- Strategic planning
- Process improvement, internal controls, systems implementation, and growth management
- Financial analysis and historical reporting
- Negotiating and executing significant transactions, including M&A, debt, customer, leases, and others
- External relationships including board, banking, and outside professional service providers
- Pricing and profit improvement
- Establishing incentive compensation and benefit plans
- 3Pillar Global
- Metron Aviation
- Planning Systems
- 3H Technology
- Ultraprise Loan Technologies
- Harris Corporation
- Gemini Air Cargo
- Arthur Andersen
- NVTC 2012 Emerging Growth CFO of the Year Award, Finalist
- Virginia Business Journal 2012 CFO of the Year Award, Nominee
- The Financial Executives Networking Group
- BBA, Accounting from the College of William and Mary
- Former CPA (currently unlicensed), Virginia