Doug is a leader in the Firm’s Fractional CFO & Controller Services practice and has been successfully providing strategic insights and hands-on support to growth and middle market companies throughout his career. Prior to providing fractional CFO services, Doug was a CFO at several middle market companies, including East Coast Oil and Keystone Builders. Primarily focused on growth and middle market companies, Doug understands the unique challenges they face compared to large corporate environments.
An experienced, results-oriented professional with extensive executive level experience in financial management, accounting, and corporate administration. Not just a Fractional CFO, but a business partner.
- Strategic thinking and insightful analysis
- Creative approaches to financing and risk management
- Improvement in quality and timeliness of financial reporting
- Effective tax planning and compliance
- Cost-effective systems, procedures, and controls
- Enhancement of staff professionalism and responsiveness
- Development of a culture of integrity
In addition to his CFO skills, Doug possesses “senior business judgment” in areas beyond finance and accounting. He has frequently served as the link between company owners and a wide array of outside advisors and consultants including attorneys, investment bankers, appraiser, real estate brokers, engineers, and personal financial advisors. He is particularly strong at identifying and integrating the full range of financial and non-financial business issues in contract negotiations or resolution of business decisions when many are focused only on the immediate impacts.
- Cash flow projections
- Banking relationships
- Profit improvement
- Timely and accurate financial reporting
- Improvements in systems, procedures, and controls
- Real Estate/Construction
Doug has experience with financial and accounting systems ranging from single-user general ledger systems, to industry specific accounting packages, to proprietary integrated financial systems. He has overseen the successful installation of numerous financial and accounting systems and knows how and where to look for solutions to the inevitable problems.
- Instrumental in the successful sale of a regional retailer to an overseas strategic buyer
- Helped plan and execute the transition of ownership to a second-generation of a family business
- Significant involvement in real estate acquisitions disposition and development activities
- Managed corporate administration and legal function for numerous S-Corporations and LLC’s
- Experience funding significant expansion through a combination of financing vehicles, including unsecured and secured lines of credit, mortgage financing, equipment leasing, and sale-leasebacks
- Real Estate/Construction
- Direct Marketing
- Home Builders Association of Richmond
- FEI, Richmond Venture Forum and others
- BA Economics with High Honors, the College of William and Mary
- MBA Finance, Fairleigh Dickinson University
- Certified Management Accountant (CMA)
- Certified in Financial Management (CFM)